Welcome to The Diary of Higgins & Haiti!

Hello everyone,

You will be glad to know that I have compiled the diary of my volunteer period in Haiti. It can be found if you click on the link below:
http://alligatorsontheroof.blogspot.com/

I hope you get a chance to flick through it or even have a read at the 1-28 posts (under September archive). I have ordered the posts in the reverse order (a blog usually starts with the most recent first) to allow you to read my account in the order that it happened - kind of like a novel. The only post which is out of sync is no.7. I have struggled with this for days and there appears to be some error which will not enable me to slot this piece of info where I wish it to be.


I am aware that you are all incredibly busy, so I will add a video clip which I have compiled all my fave images from my trip along with tunes that remind me of the special country and its people. This will basically tell you the story, without having to read it, if you so desire. I will also be adding a page for this blog on FB. Before you all groan, this is to allow me to keep my Haiti life and my personal life separate. If you do visit Facebook, please join this page to keep up-to-date with my news and future projects – the more hits I get the better. Or click on the 'like' button on the right hand-side of the page!

Check back once a week for news!

Once again, thank you to all you lovely, kind, generous people who made this adventure possible with your kind words of encouragement and support.

Safa Park Market – Help Haiti

This weekend I will be selling items to raise money for our friends in Haiti. Many of you have been very generous, and contributed many of your discarded treasures, to help me raise a decent sum of money.

http://alligatorsontheroof.blogspot.com/

The money raised will be going to the translators who looked after me so well during my time volunteering in their country. As if life isn’t tough enough for these young boys, they have once again been affected by Mother Nature in last week’s storms.

This is Babby.

If you have read my blog you will recognise him from many excerpts including – teaching Babby to swim.

http://alligatorsontheroof.blogspot.com/2010/09/16-teaching-babby-to-swim.html

He has contacted me desperately looking for help as his ‘home’ was severely damaged during the storms:

“Melissa my house is very broken during big windy october 24th

Did you know big windy saturday terrible an my home tree folled vrey creack i need help

don't forget me my friend i believe in you a lot thank you a lot. I nedd 15 woods 2 by 4,12 plywood,20 sheets metal and nails and hammer not to much money to build it please help me tot build it i believe

 

Melissa i have project to build a room cause where i sleep is bad can you help me to build it God bless you”

  If you are free, please pop down.

What: Dubai Flea Market at Al Safa Park on 02nd October 2010

Where: Al Safa Park, Entrance Gate 5, Al Wasl, Dubai. There is plenty of shade so don’t worry about the heat

When: 08:00 - 15:00

Entrance fee: Entry fee for visitors is AED 3 only and is paid at the gate of the park (Gate 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment