Welcome to The Diary of Higgins & Haiti!

Hello everyone,

You will be glad to know that I have compiled the diary of my volunteer period in Haiti. It can be found if you click on the link below:
http://alligatorsontheroof.blogspot.com/

I hope you get a chance to flick through it or even have a read at the 1-28 posts (under September archive). I have ordered the posts in the reverse order (a blog usually starts with the most recent first) to allow you to read my account in the order that it happened - kind of like a novel. The only post which is out of sync is no.7. I have struggled with this for days and there appears to be some error which will not enable me to slot this piece of info where I wish it to be.


I am aware that you are all incredibly busy, so I will add a video clip which I have compiled all my fave images from my trip along with tunes that remind me of the special country and its people. This will basically tell you the story, without having to read it, if you so desire. I will also be adding a page for this blog on FB. Before you all groan, this is to allow me to keep my Haiti life and my personal life separate. If you do visit Facebook, please join this page to keep up-to-date with my news and future projects – the more hits I get the better. Or click on the 'like' button on the right hand-side of the page!

Check back once a week for news!

Once again, thank you to all you lovely, kind, generous people who made this adventure possible with your kind words of encouragement and support.

15 – Weekend in Montrouis

Breakfast is at 6am and we have packed our rucksacks ready to be collected at 7am.
At just before 7am, we here blaring, upbeat music coming from outside the compound – our transport has arrived. We all squeal with delight and the excitement has definitely gone up a notch. We can’t hear ourselves think and the vibration is going right through us, but we love every second of it. Our adventure begins and we head off to the unknown.
 
We can’t find the hotel we had planned to go to so we relocate to another, Club Indigo when we stumble upon it.
The boys have a great time and love the water. We have a few beers and teach them to swim.
The boys are struggling with the notion that they should have fun, as they feel bad for their families, their brothers and sisters who do not get to share this moment with them. I promise to give them all photos as a reminder, which they can share / give to their family.
 After dinner (which only lasted 20mins as none of us were used to being up past 8pm) we were ready to call it a night when Bev got dragged onto the dance floor. We struggled with whether to save her or film it – we chose to catch it on film….

No comments:

Post a Comment